The Yenton is a small private hotel comprising two houses built in the 1930s (with many additions) adjacent to each other and set in an acre of beautiful gardens on Bournemouth’s East cliff, close to the cliff top, beaches and town centre. Our car park can be used by guests free of charge.
We cater for Bed and Breakfast, with local Dorset produce. Relax in our bar lounge, with open fire and comfortable leather sofas.
Our bedrooms offer a mixture of sizes (priced accordingly) and vary from traditional through to contemporary and boutique. All rooms offer an en-suite with either Bath or Shower and have Televisions and tea and coffee making facilities. Our larger rooms now feature flat-screen TVs and iPod docking stations.
Our award winning gardens are a beautiful setting for a Wedding and we are licensed for both indoor and outdoor civil ceremonies. We also cater for Birthday parties, anniversaries, Christenings and any other celebration.
For business visitors, the Gervis room is ideal for Seminars, training courses and meetings.
Breakfast is served in our Conservatory Restaurant overlooking the gardens. Your waiter or waitress will take your order for tea or coffee. Help yourself to the choice of cereals, yoghurt, fruit, seeds and juices from the Buffet table, or treat yourself to a full, freshly cooked breakfast (meat or vegetarian). Download our breakfast menu.
The comfortable bar lounge, with open fire and leather sofas, overlooks the gardens and is open:
- Monday - Thursday 12.00 noon - 9.00pm*
- Friday & Saturday 12.00 noon - 10.00pm*
- Sunday 12.00 noon - 5.00pm*
* Of course we’re happy to offer later opening times for functions and groups by prior arrangement.
Some of our rooms are Dog friendly and we have a range of dog beds and water bowls. Please let us know you'll be bringing your dog when booking.
We are only 5 mins walk from Bournemouth Travel Interchange, a 3 minute walk to the Lansdowne University Campus and on the University bus route.
We look forward to seeing you at the Yenton.
Award winning gardens
Guests enjoy unrestricted access to our Bournemouth in Bloom award winning gardens.
- 2017 Silver Gilt 'Small Hotel'
- 2016 Gold Award 'Best Hanging Baskets'
- 2015 Gold Award 'Best Commercial Landscaped Premises'
- 2015 Gold Award 'Best Hotel Frontage'
- 2012 Gold award 'Private Establishment'
- 2011 'Garden of excellence for Commercial sector'
- 2010 'Best Commercial landscaped garden'
- 2008 'Landscaped Commercial Premises'
- 2007 Highly Commended 'Environmental Garden' & 'Garden of Excellence'
- 2006 Highly Commended 'Environmental Garden'
Relax, read a book or take a stroll in beautiful, quiet surroundings.
The comfortable bar lounge, with open fire and leather sofas, overlooks the gardens